If you encounter an error on your Internet Download Manager about having a fake serial key, then that should be a bummer. We all know that IDM is one of the best download managers if not yet the number one. That is why millions of people are using and relying on what IDM can offer in terms of speed. But now that it just keeps showing the error, here is what you should do with IDM Fake serial fix.
For those users who are using IDM full crack and your remedy was detected, that is just normal. The IDM developers are continuously developing a way to detect freeloaders of their services. But thanks to the open-source community who always find a way to get around such restrictions. So if your IDM has that fake serial notification or warning, here is an IDM fake serial fix. Also, if your IDM Chrome extension is malfunctioning, check out how to fix IDM extension problem in Google Chrome.
IDM fake serial fix
So here is a way on how you can fix the IDM fake serial key issue. This is the easiest way and does not need you to put your system at risk. Also, we will be providing you a list of other serial keys that are working for this year. You may try them out one at a time until you get the right one that will actually work.
- First of all, close the IDM if it is still running in the background. To make sure that it is totally closed, open the Task Manager and by right-clicking on the taskbar and it will show. Look for the IDM components, highlight it and click “End Task”.
- Now open the dialogue box by pressing the keys Windows + R.
- Then from that box, type REGEDIT and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will pop up. Now click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- From there you may navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>Software >>Download Manager
- Then, on the list shown, double-click on the CheckUpdtVM and change the value to 0 (zero).
- Click OK and then close all open Windows and restart your computer.
- After the reboot, you may now use the IDM normally.
- You can use the list of IDM serial keys from the link. Those serial keys are supposed to work for this year that is there are a lot of them.
Here is another way to get that IDM fake serial fix for your system. This will only involve renaming a file so you can set the whole error warning back to being gone.
- First is to identify where you installed IDM software in your system. You can browse through Windows native file explorer and look for it in the Program Files folder. Or you can use the desktop icon, right click and then click again the “Open File Location”.
- Now once you are in the IDM folder, look for the IDMGrHlp.exe and delete it.
- Now look for the idmBroker.exe and paste it back into the same folder to create a copy. Now you will have idmBroker.exe-copy.
- You may now rename the copy file into IDMGrHlp.exe.
- Once that is done, you can now restart your system for the changes to take effect.
- You can now enjoy your IDM being back to normal.
The best way to make this methods work is to follow them right and step-by-step. Do not try to shortcut anything just because you are in hurry or any reason you may have. Do what the instruction has told you and everything will be the way you want it to be.
If you have more queries and ideas you think you need to share with us, feel free to put it in the comment section. Rest assured that we will be reading all your comments. Happy downloading!
Someone recently asked me for a media player recommendation but I couldn’t give a list because I’ve been using only one application for my movie marathon and video streaming activities. After thinking about it, I decided to write down my opinions and personal experience about the one I’m using ever since. And since this is a tech blog, there is nothing wrong if I published my personal thoughts here.
I have been using MX Player for as long as I can remember. I know there are other greater media players out there. I know VLC is famous and my friends say GOM Player is excellent. But trust has already been established between MX Player and me.
I’ve been using it for a long time and I didn’t experience any serious issues. There are no instances when my movie marathon is disturbed because of some technical glitch. You may say VLC is greater than MX Player because you have been using the former for years and you trust it. I wouldn’t argue about which is better. My only intention is to share my personal experience with the software I personally use and have confidence in.
I found no reason to use other media players although there are plenty of them in the market. MX Player has been reliable so far I’m so sticking to it. And yes, I will definitely recommend it to people.
Did you have the same experience as me? Which media player are you using for your movie marathon? Let me know in the comment section below. I would love to hear some hacks and recommendations.
Are you experiencing some problems with your IDM extension on your Google Chrome? There are a lot of reasons why that occurs. It usually because of compatibility issues when the Google Chrome updates to a newer version. Or perhaps it is because of the IDM itself has updated to a newer version. Anyhow, we will teach you how to fix IDM extension problem in Google Chrome.
This problem is actually easy. Once you did this right, you can do this again on your own next time. That is because the method is pretty straightforward and does not have any complicated steps.
Also, if you have issues with IDM randomly notifying you about a fake serial error, you may check out our article about IDM fake serial fix. It might help you one day when it happens.
Fix IDM extension problem in Google Chrome
I first started facing issues while I tried to download bluestacks on my windows 10 computer. I tried to download it and IDM stopped working. Then I fixed it and it worked. (If you want then you can download bluestacks for windows 10 from here) Here is how you can fix IDM problem in Google Chrome. Follow the steps carefully because this will only take a few clicks and navigations.
- First of all, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the settings button in the top right corner that has a three-dots look.
- Point your mouse at “More Tools” and when you see the “Extensions” click on it.
- Now a new window will open and shows the list of Google Chrome extensions and tools you have installed.
- Minimize the Google Chrome for now and open the installation folder of IDM.
- To do that, you can navigate through the Program Files or just right click on the IDM icon and click “Open File Location”.
- Look for the IDMGCExt.crx or just IDMGCExt if popular file extension view is not enabled on your system.
- Click again the Google Chrome where the extension list is open and drag and drop the IDMGCExt.crx to the Chrome extension list. It will install the file to Google Chrome.
- Now a confirmation will appear, click on the “Details”.
- Make sure that IDM is turned on and at the bottom, make sure that the incognito mode is also turned on or enabled.
- Now open a new tab on the Google Chrome and go to the YouTube site and play any videos. Preferably the ones with no licensing issues to make sure that the video is downloadable. Go for the less popular uploads for the testing.
- Now, the IDM extension is finally working. You are already good to go.
If IDM still does not work
If the IDM still does not work after you have done the instructions above, you can proceed to this step.
- First of all, make sure that you installed the latest version of the IDM. If not uninstall the current version and get a new one. You might need to ready your IDM serial keys for this. If you really prefer the current version that you have, then we shall proceed with what is already available to us.
- Repeat all the steps stated above from number 1 to 12.
- Now go to the extension list and find the IDM tool. It should say something like “This extension might be corrupted”. Click repair and “Repair Extension”.
- This time Google Chrome will download a new version of the file from IDM site and install it. This should take a few seconds.
- Now refresh the extension list and the IDM tool is now fixed.
- Refresh all your tabs especially with the one you are trying to download.
- Your IDM extension is now fixed. Enjoy.
If you have other queries that you want to be answered, feel free to leave your questions in the comment section. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.